Thursday, September 14, 2006

What the h#ll is a Clapotis?

It's done! It's finally done! My Clapotis is yarn no more!
And here it is, in all it's glory and splender (or is it splendor...?):





I was too lazy to get out of my PJ's for the 'shoot', so you'll have to imagine the glamour. . .

I used Katia's Jamaica which is a 100% cotton yarn. It's increadibly soft and it knits like a dream. Good stuff!

By the way, although the whole knitting community has probably knit it (including my good friend Drea Renee) I never read the meaning of the word anywhere. It took some serious googling, but this is what it means (and it makes a lot of sence), it's french for: a similar wavy appearance or motion, eg in material, hair, etc. ...


If I ever achieve anything in my knitting 'carreer' I hope that one day I'll design a piece like Kate Gilbert did with Clapotis. Make a mark, leave a ripple in the water as it were.... (oh pleaeaease Sas, come off it, you twit!!)

ps
I also finished a present for a wee girl, but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I can show you, I finshed early for once...

6 comments:

Tijm said...

Jee, wat is hij mooi geworden!!! Prachtige kleur en hij komt mooi uit op je creatie die je aan hebt!! Ik hoop dat je hem veel zult dragen!!!

Tijm said...

By the way............ I like your chair!

drea said...

B-E-A-UTIFUL! I love love love your yarn choice. it worked out soo well. so happy to have my sas back and blogging!!

i always wondered what clapotis meant as well..heh heh

Unknown said...

Wow, wat een beauty! En ziet er ook zeer netjes gebreid uit, mooi. Hoeveel bollen gingen er in? En welke naalden heb je gebruikt?

Anonymous said...

Oh, your Clapotis is beautiful Saskia! And HUGE!

Thanks for the birthday wish. :)

Anonymous said...

splendour, even :P
those your pj's?? man, you have glamour without even knowing it!