Wednesday, June 28, 2006

On Bags

how NOT to do it:

This is what was supposed to be my Giant Ice Cream Colored Tote.
I was going to take it to the park, uptown, and maybe... in a corageous mood, to the beach.
I was going to use it as a 'schlepping' device, stuffing it with books, WIP's, make-up, notebooks, snacks & drinks and we were going to be the best of friends, my summer love...
But...
it looks like a condom...

The idea was to design while knitting it, but I think it's safe to say that I'm not a designer quite yet. I'll stick to patterns for a while to come.
(any pattern ideas for big totes are very welcome)
Have to say though, that I'm not completely put off by the way the bottom turned out... and the colours go well together too.
It's a nicely coloured condom with a good bottom...
HOW to do it:





How cool is this bag?
It's
way
WAY
WAY
Cool
!
It was made for me as a farewell present by my majestic intern Kim.
(from when I was still at Nighttown)
She's great and very creative. She makes lots of super cool stuff under the name
Hibkip & Kimbo.
She's in the process of launching a website, but if you're interested in a vinyl bag or some great T-shirts, let me know and I'll hook you up.
Thanks Kim, I truly and utterly love it.
You were my intern, but bagwize I can learn a lot from you.
;-)

No comments: